Domino’s membership-based Domino Drip music service ‘exceeds all expectations’
Following subscriber feedback all albums will soon be available in high quality FLAC format
30th August 2012: – Following its launch in June 2012, Domino Records has today announced further developments of its Domino Drip membership service.
This week members have received Dan Deacon’s critically acclaimed album ‘America’, along with an exclusive invitation to ask him any questions about the release via Drip’s message boards.
Such exclusives will be a part of every Domino Drip release into the future, including Centipede Hz, the new and highly-anticipated album from Animal Collective. The album is released on September 4th (September 3rd in UK), but has been available for streaming for Drip members since Monday 27th August.
Described as a “re-imagination of the fan club”, Domino Drip delivers new album releases by Domino-signed artists, plus rare and exclusive tracks, direct to members inboxes. Members have also been offered exclusive tickets to gigs by Cass McCombs and enjoyed owning the new John Cale single ‘Face To The Sky’ a full week before anyone else.
Within three months, the service has already attracted a switched-on community of music lovers.
Ryan McCann of Domino Records revealed that subscriber numbers have “exceeded all expectations”.
He added: “ The success of Domino Drip has shown that many of the fans of the artists we represent place enough trust in our ears for us to send them new music each month. These fans are our lifeblood and we’re extremely pleased that we can cater to them directly. As well as receiving new Domino-related albums and exclusives direct to their inboxes, subscribers have a forum to talk to us and our artists. For an independent label that close connection feels massively important.
“It’s a really collaborative service. As a result of feedback from Drip users, we’ve begun work on offering FLAC as well as WAV files. Although it’s still early days, the number of subscribers has already exceeded expectations.”
For $9.99 per month the Domino Drip service offers:
- High quality WAV, FLAC and MP3 downloads of new, classic and exclusive releases from Domino, Double Six, Ribbon and Weird World
- Two albums and bonus material each month, including at least one new release. New releases are delivered directly to a subscriber’s inbox on release day
- A 30% off voucher for vinyl, CDs and merchandise at Domino’s online store http://bit.ly/o0XBX9 after every 6 months of subscription
- An opportunity to interact with Domino artists and staff and to suggest improvements to the service
- Those signed up have already received new albums by Hot Chip, Dirty Projectors, John Maus, Wild Beasts and many more
Founded in 1993, Domino Records is an independent record label and currently home to iconic artists such as Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Hot Chip, John Cale, Anna Calvi and King Creosote & Jon Hopkins.