Ministry of Sound launches unique Music Discovery Tool and Full App Revamp from Noise Inc.
- First-of-its-kind discovery and recommendation app for dance music fans, covering all subgenres of dance music.
- Revamped app to incorporate new cutting edge bold chromeless style with slicker navigation and improved purchase mechanics for both music and club tickets.
- Available on the iTunes App Store & Google Play for iPhone and Android.
London, 18th July 2012: – In conjunction with Noise Inc., Ministry of Sound is the first major music brand in the world to launch a bespoke recommendation service that dramatically improves digital music discovery on mobile for dance music fans.
The service, which went live today on the new Ministry of Sound app, allows users to select a DJ, delve through their record box, listen, and then go on to explore a wide range of new and historic tracks (by DJ or genre) to preview and/or purchase. The aim is to get consumers closer to the classic and personal experience of browsing vinyl in record shops, also reflected in the design, which allows users to virtually ‘flick’ through records. Noise Inc. has created a new algorithm which will further enhance this unique experience, all thoroughly optimised for mobile and accessible on-the-go through the new app.
The challenge for this new service was the complexity of the dance music genre. By definition alone, large proportions of catalogue hold close relationships that are as much culturally driven as they are sonically. It isn’t uncommon for existing music discovery services to deliver unreliable suggestions that lack credibility for users, as metadata and filtering techniques alone just aren’t enough.
The new Ministry of Sound app has been uniquely created to provide the best personal experience, and works by aggregating DJ playlists, record label selections, existing metadata and artist recommendations to deliver accuracy and credibility (genre and DJ focused). This allows the consumer to discover the widest possible span of dance music; through the gatekeepers of dance music – Ministry of Sound.
New track information and artist selections will be ingested on a weekly basis to ensure the app remains at the forefront of the constantly mutating genres and sub-genres that comprise the dance scene. DJs and artists included in the app comprise the DJ Mag Top 100 and Resident Advisor Top DJs as voted by the public, bringing big name and niche music into the mix.
The Ministry of Sound app has also undergone an overhaul by Noise Inc. It now incorporates a new cutting edge chromeless design and slicker navigation to strengthen the mobile service which already offers dance music fans Events, News, Club, Tickets, Music Downloads and Ministry of Sound Radio all within one environment:
- Club – Find out the latest Ministry of Sound club listings, then purchase your tickets for the world’s most famous nightclub, delivered directly to your phone and jump the queue at the velvet rope when you arrive.
- Radio – Listen to the world’s best dance music radio station and keep up with all the freshest additions to the playlist, as well as guest mixes from the hottest DJ’s and specialist shows. Users are also able to listen and buy tracks as they are aired.
- Share – Let your friends know what you’re listening to, and where you’re going by sharing activity through Facebook, Twitter and email.
- News – Stay tuned through your phone to get the lowdown on all the happenings from the world’s home of dance music, whether it’s the latest interviews from the Saturday Sessions artists or free streaming of a DJ mix.
- Tours – Find out when and where the legendary Ministry of Sound parties are happening, invite friends and check out who else you know is going to be there.
Tom Bulwer, Head of Mobile, Ministry of Sound, said: “Ministry of Sound are very excited to launch into music discovery. The discovery algorithm works in the real world, for real dance music fans, regardless of genre. It’s just fun to use and a very intuitive way to discover new dance music from the source, the DJ!”
Kim De Ruiter, Partner, Noise Inc., said: “This project has been incredibly rewarding by enabling Noise to deliver an innovative answer, in a creative way, to a very real challenge. We like to push boundaries with mobile but consumer demand (and great user experience) have to be at the heart of everything you do. We believe this is a great example of that principle in action”
About Noise Inc.
Noise Inc. design and develop exciting, platform-agnostic apps, games and services for mobile devices. Whatever a clients’ digital ambitions and challenges, Noise Inc. will work with them to turn the opportunity into a reality.
Whether it’s creating and managing amazing content, or providing robust technical builds on everything from iPhones to Augmented Reality, or if you just want smart people, creating smart ideas to make your next marketing campaign exceed your wildest expectations, Noise Inc. are the people to talk to. The company, which combines high end innovative app development with bespoke digital marketing strategy, and is best of breed at both, launched at Midem 2011 with a string of A list stars and global music corporation clients, including Vodafone, Universal Music International and Sony Music, Decca, Defected Records, Ministry of Sound, C4, Spotify and Richer Sounds.
The brainchild of execs Jane Turner and Kim De Ruiter, the Noise Inc. team combines over 50 years of experience in marketing, brand development, digital and creative technology.
Jane Turner‘s experience in IP, TV, film, music, publishing and merchandising was gained at WPP, Havas, Mintel and, most recently as global MD of Chorion Ltd. She is also currently CEO of social ecommerce group Bright Station Ventures.
Kim De Ruiter is an award-winning digital music and mobile marketer who was shortlisted in the top 50 leading women in the mobile industry by MEM (Mobile Entertainment Market).
About Ministry of Sound
Ministry of Sound Group is a global youth entertainment business comprising recorded music, nightclubs and bars, live events, consumer electronics and fashion.
Our iconic brands including Ministry of Sound and Hed Kandi drive a business with sales approaching £100 million and are the heartbeat for a generation of clubbers and music fans, spanning continents and genres.